Wednesday, May 23, 2012

CITY GARDENS

One day I will need to create a map and a key to make sense of the cottage gardens. 
In the city it is much easier.

There is the front yard.

Small but bursting; a lot of the plant material was there when we moved in, but of course I have added a lot more.  Originally there were some vegetables and herbs which I removed, the mint was the toughest but seems to finally be gone.  It may be the only place that gets enough sun, but I just don't trust people walking their dogs to keep them out, so no veggies in the front for us.


And there is the back yard.

This pic is taken through a screen, but you get the general idea.  Typical Cabbagetown-sized space. I am of the "let's not see any dirt" school of planting and am getting closer to my goal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment