Tuesday, October 15, 2013

GARDEN BLOGGERS BLOOM DAY - october

For this GBBD I am not showing photos of my garden, but rather the English Garden at Assiniboine Park, which is a glorious park running alongside the river a stone's throw from where I live.

Bigger than even New York's storied Central Park, Assiniboine Park has many different gardens a zoo and a butterfly conservancy.  Come spring there will be an amazing display that I will share but for now let us marvel over how many beautiful flowers are still in bloom this later in the season.

 A very English Garden indeed.

 Foxglove still in bloom was an unexpected treat.

 While not generally a fan of pink I found this variegated Stonecrop to be awesome.

 I have two Monarda in my garden, how many dozen do you think are here?

 Big paths and big garden beds, this is a garden on a grand scale.

 The Nicotiana in my garden are about 12" tall vs. these large 3' specimens.

 You would not guess ;October' by looking at these plants.

Fall brings its own special colours to the gardens even after many of the summer's blooms have faded.

***
Sharing with Garden Bloggers Bloom Day

6 comments:

  1. Unbelievable...you have an amazing garden...happy gbbd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janie, this is actually a public garden beside my home. I would need a whole crew to keep this up if it was mine! LOL

      Delete
  2. I love public gardens. So beautiful. So wonderful to visit. And no weeding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, no weeding! One of the great benefits of visiting someone else's garden!

      Delete
  3. We have a small but beautiful botanical garden here in the Binghamton, New York area. And it's free! Thank you for sharing this English public garden with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, thanks for stopping in and sharing your comment.

      Delete