Friday, February 15, 2013
FRENEMIES - and so it begins
I wondered previously at what point the rabbits in my yard would switch from happy little friends to hungry little enemies. I imagined I had at least until Spring.
However I have noticed that they have been having their way with a couple of Cedars.
Funny since it does not seem to have happened before, but this has been a snowier winter than the past few and they say that the warmer winters are part of the reason why there are more bunnies. So they may be as hungry as they have even been in their short lives.
The rabbits have been jumping up the snowbank and nibbling on the Cedars half way up.
Come spring it may look as if I attempted to trim them into some forced shape, which is totally not my style, at all. Apparently now I have 'co-designers' helping out.
And so it begins.
Sharing with Garden Bloggers Bloom day.
Posts from the Past
- WILDFLOWER WEDNESDAY - columbine and mystery plant...
- DEVIL IS IN THE DETAILS - white bleeding hearts
- TIME MACHINE - google maps
- TUXEDO FRONT GARDEN - more plans
- FOREST CARE
- WORDLESS WEDNESDAY - yard art
- DIRECT SOWING - new to me
- FRENEMIES - and so it begins
- TAKING MY CUE
- MACRO MONDAY - Solomon's Seal
- PERIWINKLE HILL
- TUXEDO PLANS - front garden
- COTTAGE GARDEN - 40 year plan
- PLANNING IN PROGRESS
- INSPIRATION - address rock
- BULB PLANTING - Tuxedo
- ▼ February (16)