Monday, August 27, 2012

SATURDAY FLOWERS - old shots

Recently I had some slides converted to digital from my days of canoe tripping in the wilderness of North Western Ontario between 1990-94.

Thanks Beth at Beyond the Garden Gate for helping me to identify Fireweed, the provincial (territorial?) flower of the Yukon.  It makes sense since we canoed in remote northern Ontario.


I thought of Asters as blooming on meadows, butt this article on eHow says they can grow in bogs and swamps too. 



Sharing with: 
           

8 comments:

  1. i don't know what they are but they are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Identification: POSSIBLY 1) fireweed and 2) fleabane. I am not certain though. It will be interesting to see what others think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second shot could be Fleabane or Aster, they look so similar. I'd never heard of Fireweed before, but it sure looks like the images from a Google search and I'm going to add it to my list of plants for the cottage.

      Delete
  3. I don't know what they are but I so agree they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking fleabane too for the second flower, but the center is a bit too big. Whatever they are, love them.

    Thanks so much for sharing at Your Sunday Best this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting Nancy, I will be sure to be back.

      Delete

Posts from the Past