Monday, September 02, 2013

MACRO MONDAY - bachelor's buttons

I've been spending so much time talking about my Sun Garden that you may be wondering if I have blooms in any of my other gardens.  
My front Monet Garden is blue and purple but the colour of these beauties is convincing me that I need to move away from purples and only add more blue.  Next year in the portion of this garden closest to the house (where I held off on planting last year) I will be adding blue Delphinium in the sunny corner and Blue Phlox where there is more shade. 

Above is a shot of 'Jubilee Gem' Bachelor's Buttons (Cornflower) with Vinca and Iris foliage that I direct sowed in the garden this year even though it is zoned as a 5 and I am a 3.

Very fine foliage, relatively petite plants, let's hope some magically reappear next year.

I definitely need to add more blue flowers to this garden, I just love them!

***
Sharing with Macro Monday 2


13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am thrilled with the colour! Thanks for stopping by Crafty ;)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful blue flowers and great shot ~ carol, xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful...love the blue color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some blues that are really almost iridescent and this one is pretty close. Thanks for stopping in Susie.

      Delete
  4. So beautiful! Thanks for sharing the love up-close with I Heart Macro :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love blue flowers too, I grew annual Larkspur this year that look a lot like your lovely flowers but maybe not as full. I am really enamored of Browallia though, it has performed beyond expectation, and I see blue when I look at them but they may be a little on the purple side up close. I'm also going after Ageratum or maybe just the perennial Blue Mist flower, Eupatorium colestinum. But some that are really blue are Nemophila which is an annual, and perennial forget-me-nots, Brunnera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll Google all of your suggestions to see how they will work in zone 3 part shade. I may have to make some changes now that I know I do not get as much sun as I had hoped in that garden.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Lea
    Lea's Menagerie

    ReplyDelete

Posts from the Past