Monday, September 02, 2013
MACRO MONDAY - bachelor's buttons
I've been spending so much time talking about my Sun Garden that you may be wondering if I have blooms in any of my other gardens.
My front garden is blue and purple but the colour of these beauties is convincing me that I need to move away from purples and only add more blue. Next year in the portion of this garden closest to the house (where I held off on planting last year) I will be adding blue Delphinium in the sunny corner and Blue Phlox where there is more shade.
Above is a shot of 'Jubilee Gem' Bachelor's Buttons (Cornflower) with Vinca and Iris foliage that I direct sowed in the garden this year even though it is zoned as a 5 and I am a 3.
Very fine foliage, relatively petite plants, let's hope some magically reappear next year.
I definitely need to add more blue flowers to this garden, I just love them!
Sharing with Macro Monday 2
Posts from the Past
- December (1)
- November (9)
- October (9)
- MACRO MONDAY - rudbeckia
- CORPORATE GUERRILLA GARDEN - update
- MACRO MONDAY - milkweed
- ANOTHER ORDER PLACED - $$
- EUREKA - late night inspiration
- YARD ART - shady lady at night
- MACRO MONDAY - moss
- GARDEN BLOGGERS BLOOM DAY - september
- SUNFLOWERS - autumn blend
- A NIGHT IN THE LIFE - busy bee
- NATURE NOTES - frog and hungry squirrels
- MACRO MONDAY - spirograph
- GARDENERS UNITE! - winnipeg bulb project
- LOBLAW'S SPECIAL EDITION - rudbeckia
- MACRO MONDAY - bachelor's buttons
- COREOPSIS 'ROULETTE'
- August (13)
- July (13)
- June (23)
- May (20)
- April (17)
- March (16)
- February (16)
- January (13)