Sunday, September 15, 2013

GARDEN BLOGGERS BLOOM DAY - september

For GBBD I have a round up of what is in bloom in the Sun Garden. The later the season, the better the garden is looking.
Three red Chrysanthemum have just recently begun to bloom. I am happy with the colour; remember this is the first time I am seeing these plants bloom in my new gardens.

The Thunbergia vine behind these Heliopsis is one of the few annuals in my gardens and a solid choice for late season colour after the Clematis have stopped blooming.

The Blanketflowers were a great choice and the Helenium behind them are not too shabby either.

The Rudbeckia from Loblaws are settling well and looking as healthy as ever.

This little "Secret Desire" Echinacea is the only of the four I planted last fall that has had a bloom this year, mostly due to being nibbled by rabbits all spring, before becoming surrounded and hidden by the Nasturtium border.

***
Sharing with Garden Bloggers Bloom Day

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your blooms, especially the black eyed susans. I didn't get a bloom day post done, but hope to get the next Wildflower Wednesday post done on time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, I've got more Rudbeckia coming up that I stated from see which has yet to bloom. I hope I get to share some before the weather turns!

      Delete

Posts from the Past