Friday, June 07, 2013

HARD WORK AND A LITTLE PATIENCE - iris


photo: David Driscoll
 Three years ago I dug up the Iris due to an infestation of Iris borers, cut off the dead parts, washed them and transplanted them with much more space compared how crowded they were when I started. The pinks were already there and I brought in the purples to tone them down given how I feel about pink flowers.  They did not bloom that much the next year and after a little research I learned that it takes them a while to get back to their full glory after being moved.

I rely on my old Toronto neighbours to keep me up to date on how my old garden is progressing and thankfully they have shared this photo with me that clearly demonstrates that I just needed to be patient.  The Iris are back and better than ever before. 
Much better in fact.

***

2 comments:

  1. I dug, separated, and re-planted some irises last summer, and they did not bloom this year. Hopefully next year! It is hard to be patient, but luckily, there is enough else going on in the garden to grab our attention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my second year I had some, but certainly not as many as there are this year, so patience if a virtue in this case.

      Delete

Posts from the Past